Thursday, March 26, 2009

Girl Time




I have spent so much time talking about the boys, it's time I gave my princess a little air time.
We have spent the last two weekends selling girl scout cookies. Nothing personal against the girl scouts, but I hate selling cookies. Having six five year olds hang out in small corner of a freezing cold store for three hours is a little nerve racking, then to have parents who still owe $300 dollars and one of them doesn't think she owes me anything and the money deadline is looming, but hey when you talk to Hailey about she thought it was the best time ever. She just keeps begging to have a sleep over or play date with any girl she talks to.
In fact, we have this 9 year old neighbor girl who has never really liked our family, (Her mom sold us her trike at a garage sale, but she thought we stole it.) has finally started playing with Hailey - mostly because they are the only two girls in the entire neighborhood, but it is extremely weird having my six year old hanging out with a 9 year old. Truly they are in different worlds. After selling cookies last Saturday, I took them both to the West High color guard competition. There was a color guard there with really young girls from the Nephi area that did really well. UEX had a great show as always and surprisingly UVU almost brought me to tears, but the general state of guard in Utah is pretty sad. Oh, well. I told the girls all the had to do was find me a few more friends and I would teach them (and they would win!)
The other big Hailey news is the huge gap in the front of her mouth since she has lost both of her teeth. For how small those teeth were it is amazing the gap is so huge. Poor girl.
The other general family news is our acqusition of chickens. It is our foray into the farm world. HA!The choice to get chickens stems from a few things. One, my kids constantly bugging me about pets (and these live outside year round) Two, they can actually provide eggs for my family that seems to have in their tummies. Three, with what I beleive is the world economy falling apart, it may just prove to self sustaining a little ways down the road -- who knows.
Today and tomorrow the kids are out of school due to parent/teacher conferences, so I just wish the weather man knew it was spring and all the snow would melt so I could boot them all outside. Hailey finally just got off of her training wheels and we were starting to enjoy real family bike rides -- until the snow fell again. Oh, well!

No comments:

Post a Comment