Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blue and Gold







It seems the only thign I have to write about is Scouts. This last week was the Blue and Gold banquet. Our pack provides dinner for everyone during a cake auction. It is our primary fund raiser for the year. Since I have two boys, I made two cakes. The xbox cake sold for $65. The pack cake (which I thought was better) only sold for $27. We can't ever seem to keep up with the auction, so for the second year in a row we did not come home with a cake. I found it funny that most people bought their own cake, and I probably should have but even though I know the point is to raise money for the pack, I can't bring myself to pay $40 or more for a cake I know isn't worth more than $10. At the end of the night I just wrote a check for my donation. Besides the pictures of the cakes, you also see my favorite baking helper, doing what he does best!



No comments:

Post a Comment