Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Silver Wolf







Last weekend I went to a Scout Leader training (Silver Wolf) at Camp Kiesel. It was great fun. All kinds of adults running around acting crazy. I have definitely forgotten how to be that carefree. However, I had a great time watching them and remembering all the old campfire songs and such that I used to know.



Since it had snowed and rained all week I was a little worried about the weather, but it was perfect...and not even muddy.



I slept in the very last room in the building on the upper bunk (scary!) There was a loud, gushing waterfall right outside my room, but when the door closed you couldn't hear it. But someone in the room set their alarm for 4:30 and didn't bother waking up to turn it off. When you opened the door from our room in the morning there were fresh (large) cat foot prints in the snow. We apparently had visitors in the night.



It was weird being away from the kids and not even able to phone them. When I finally got home and passed out all the goodies I had collected and shared the story of my experience, Brady commented that it was nice to see me all excited about something.



I must admit, I had a great time and came home fired up to do great and exciting things with my Scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment