Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jammin' in July

Even though it is still July I can hardly remember what happened at the beginning of the month. On the fourth of July Brady performed in the Clearfield parade and the weather was pretty decent. We wanted to go to after parade festivities at the park but there weren't any.

A few days later it was the twins seventh birthday and we didn't do too much. They were going to a Science camp out at the fairgrounds all week. so their morning was already booked. Later that day they had a friend over to play. We more than made it up to them later, though. We went to pick dad up at the Gateway and had giant Ben and Jerry's sundae's and we went to make new Build-a-Bear's. since Harry Potter was coming out, they both chose to make the Hedwig owl. Then we went to Seven Peaks in Orem for the day. After we finally convinced Hailey to go down some slides it was a lot of fun. Brady and I even got our blood pumping on the half pipe slide. SCARY! Sorry no pictures.


A friend of mine recently moved into a new house this summer. When Brady helped them move he knew he was in trouble -- after I saw the house I instantly starting looking for a new home. I spent quite a few days actually going and touring homes, but unless I go significantly over my price range, I just haven't found anything that offers everything I want -- and I refuse to sell my home first with the idea that someday I'll find it, 'cuz who knows when someday could be.

Ethan was back for two weeks in July as well. He came home specifically to do scout camp and a CSI camp he had signed up for with a friend. Since he is studying Utah history this year, we also took all the kids up to the Golden Spike. Oh, and have I ever mentioned that all of my kids want to be astronauts…



I was seriously stressed out about Scout camp, but it went really well. Now that I have done it once it will be no big deal. At the camp store they were really "pushing" pocket knives. I told the boys they couldn't buy one unless their mom's were there and agreed. Many of the mothers did let their boys get them. I didn't. A week later at least three mom's said their boys had cut themselves. One even needed stitches! OW!



Brady also performed in the Bountiful handcart days parade. They always have a fun carnival at the end. Recently someone posted about some rude people they encountered at a parade -- well check out the goose egg Andrew got because some very large kid bowled him over to get a piece of candy. It is a week later and he still has a scar.






We were also given a large bunch of Apricots from another friend and we spent the last weekend canning jam, nectar, the apricots themselves and making fruit leather. I was overwhelmed and I only had a few buckets. She has three trees full of ripe apricots -- I can't imagine.
I also spent a huge amount of time preparing to go back to work next week. (I am still very unprepared!) I guess in my attempt to prove how unqualified I am, when I moved all the computers around in my room, I brought down the whole school network for 2 days! Yeah me!

No comments:

Post a Comment