Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Halloween!













I'm only a month late, but hey, I finally had a day to sit down and pull stuff off my camera. (Okay, I really had to pull school stuff off the home camera and happened to find these, but whatever works!) As you can see pumpkin carving at our house is a big event. It is always scary to put carving tools into the hands of young children. I have to admit, if it hadn't been for the kids teacher letting them carve pumpkins at school, I probably would not have allowed it. However, they came home from school whining, "but we got to carve the pumpkin at school!" UGH! And between school and scout field trips, we end up with quite a few pumpkins by the time the season is all said and done!
I have included the obligatory costume shot. Can you tell by their faces they were all mad at me because I wouldn't buy them new costumes this year? We have so much costume stuff. I told them they had to deal with what we already had. Oh, well! You still get the same amount of candy no matter what your costume looks like, and we still have a giant bowl of candy left! Even though I siphoned off a big bag for dad's work, put some in the freezer for later and sent at least 1 piece in their lunch boxes every day for weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment