Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend - Saturday
















HEY! It was finally my family's turn to take a trip! Over the long weekend we took the trailer and headed to Vernal. I wanted to go somewhere I had never been and not somewhere too hot or too cold, so it was off to Vernal. It would have been a little better if it weren't raining the entire weekend and I hadn't forgot to pack all of Hailey's special foods, but we still had fun.





Saturday we went to the Dinosaur National Monument. I don't' know where the camera was or what I was thinking, but I never took any pictures of any of the actual Dinosaur fossils we saw while we where there. We went on a hike by the closed quarry building and there was a tour guide on the trails to point out all the fossils you could see in the rocks. It was actually pretty cool. Then we drove back to Josie's cabin, and along the way passed quite a few petryglyphs. At the cabin we took a hike into Box Canyon, and then went back to the cabin for lunch. Then we went to one of the campgrounds so the kids could fish the Green River (which is actually very brown!) Afterwards, the kids finished all of their booklets so they could become Junior rangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment